Tyson and Quinn's Corner

Welcome

This is our life with our little man, born May 2009 and our sweet daughter, born May 2011.

14 January 2009

Canon or Nikon?

As of my last post, you know that I'm saving up my spending money to buy a digital SLR camera before Baby Holt arrives in May. I've been researching cameras for a while and I've come down to either a Nikon or a Canon. Based on the cnet.com reviews, I'm 90% sure I'm going to buy the Canon EOS Rebel XS. It's reviews are only slightly better than that of the Nikon D60, mainly due to photo quality.

We'll just have to wait and see if anything changes between now and May. The good thing is that the Canon prices are slightly less than the Nikon. I'm all for a bargain!

If anyone has any real-life user input on either of these models, I'd love to hear it!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

IMO, I really don't think you can go wrong either way unless you are a mega professional who notices the minor differences. I have a Nikon D50 (no longer made) and I love it. Good luck with your decision - you will love having a dSLR!

Cory said...

It's been a while! First, your house looks great. Shannan (my wife) shares the same decorating obesession as you, which means I'm stuck to the remodeling.
Anyway, I was compelled to comment when I saw your camera posts. I recently caught the photography bug and splurged on a new DSLR. Like you I was originally debating between the Nikon D60 and the Canon XSI. The more I studied though, the more camera I thought I had to have, so I bought the Canon 40D and I love it.
Whatever you decide will be a huge improvement from a point and shoot.
Be careful, it's addicting. Once you get the camera there's a never ending supply of accessories!
Let me know which one you end up buying.
Some great websites that helped me decide:
www.dpreview.com
www.cameralabs.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails