Tyson and Quinn's Corner

Welcome

This is our life with our little man, born May 2009 and our sweet daughter, born May 2011.

07 May 2008

My Future Dream Home

I read an article in the newspaper last night and the author wrote about how she and her husband have a running list of features they want in their dream home. It got me thinking about what I would like in mine! Remember, it is a DREAM home! :)

Some of my dream home must-haves:

1. A big family room with a tall stone-stacked gas fireplace.
2. A large kitchen with a huge island, big enough for at least 5 or 6 barstools around it and a separate space for a table.
3. A daylight basement with a separate bedroom for guests, wetbar (including a full-size refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave) and a built-in separate ice-maker, workout/gym space and bathroom with a shower.
4. A formal dining room, but no formal living room. It would go unused for us!
5. A dedicated office space on the first floor.
6. 6 bedrooms. 2 bedrooms can share jack and jill baths, three of the bedrooms would have their own bathrooms including the master suite on the main floor.
7. Dark hardwood floors on the mail level and cream painted trim throughout the house.
8. 4 car extra-deep garage. A space for me, one for Ryan, a space for our summer car (a convertible or a Jeep) and a space to put bikes, lawn equipment, etc. Enough room to put shelving for storage.
9. A huge deck with built-in grill, small refrigerator and fire pit.

These are just a few wishes off the top of my head, but I'm sure I'll come up with more!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails