Tyson and Quinn's Corner

Welcome

This is our life with our little man, born May 2009 and our sweet daughter, born May 2011.

03 December 2008

16 Weeks and My 3rd Appointment

I have been a bad blogger lately. Ever since we returned from our vacation, I feel like time is flying. We only had three days of work and then it was the long Thanksgiving weekend. We enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws at their home and then spent the rest of the weekend finishing Ryan's foyer project and then decorating our house for Christmas! We were so busy I forgot to do my 16 week update and now I'm almost 17 weeks!

Anyway, here goes! At 16 weeks, Baby Holt is about the size of an avocado.



"Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender."

It blows me away that Baby can hear us now. I just can't wait to feel him or her move. It can happen any day now!

I'm feeling great! My energy is back, I'm not having any bouts of sickness and I have very few food aversions. The only things I still cannot stomach are coffee and soda. I guess neither of those are bad things!

I am quickly growing out of my clothes. I still only have 2 pairs of work maternity pants and very few maternity shirts. Ryan doesn't want me to spend any money, but it is soon to be inevitable. I am going to need new clothes soon!

People that know I am pregnant can tell that I'm showing, but I haven't received any comments from strangers yet. Most people that find out I'm nearly 17 weeks pregnant don't believe me! It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I'm ready to show for real! :)

My third appointment was today. Ryan couldn't make it because he had meetings at work, but I got to hear Baby's heartrate (166 bpm) and had my general checkup with the doc. Everything is looking good and measuring right on track. I also had the AFP testing done today to see if Baby has any developmental disabilities like spina bifida or Downs.

The best part of today's appointment---the BIG ultrasound is scheduled! So, we'll know the baby's sex right before Christmas. The question is whether we will share the news with our families when we find out or wait to reveal it to them on Christmas Day. Hrmmm.... For what it's worth, I'm convinced that we are having a girl. We'll see if my guess is right in about 2.5 weeks!

My 16 week photo:

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails