Tyson and Quinn's Corner

Welcome

This is our life with our little man, born May 2009 and our sweet daughter, born May 2011.

28 April 2009

Induction?

At my regular doctor's appointment yesterday, I found out that I have made no further progress. Still at 80% effaced and 1.5 cm dilated. I am still having cramping and irregular contractions, which are all good signs. I told Dr. D this information and she offered to induce me next Wednesday, May 6 if Baby does not arrive on his own before then. She did say that I need to make some more progress before she will schedule me.

What a tough call. Ryan says go for it, my coworkers (that are already Moms) say go for it, but I'm struggling with the decision, but I've made a list of pros and cons. So far, the pros seem to outnumber the cons, but I can't help but think is scheduling my child's birth like scheduling a haircut? Am I rushing him when he's not ready? Am I setting myself up for a failed induction ending in a c-section? Or, will we feel better about the process knowing when it will happen, when I will start my maternity leave (Monday) and that the guessing game of what labor symptom is this will stop.

The good news is that everything looks good. No high blood pressure, no protein in my urine, baby movement is good, I'm full-term and he's growing right on track now.

Dr. D is already of the mindset that she does not allow her patients to go much past 40 weeks in their pregnancy. It's a risk to the mom, baby and the placenta, so she will induce me by 41 weeks at the absolute latest.

We'll let you know what we decide next Monday.

1 comments:

blondediva said...

You should have them wait a couple of days, until the 8th. That way you can have an "8" baby. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails