Tyson and Quinn's Corner

Welcome

This is our life with our little man, born May 2009 and our sweet daughter, born May 2011.

17 May 2011

DIY Crib Skirt

After I decided that the main color of our daughter's nursery would be lavender, I started on my hunt for the perfect bedding. I fell absolutely in love with the lavender Harper bedding from Pottery Barn Kids.

But, I bought PBK bedding for Tyson's room and while it is beautiful and I still love it, as a second-time mom I know crib bedding actually gets very little use. Tyson's beautiful crib skirt had to be removed as soon as we lowered his crib for the first time. It was a big expense for something that we only ended up using for a few months.

When I read the crib skirt tutorial on Young House Love, I knew I could make a knock-off Harper bedskirt myself. I already had the white fabric. It was from grommet curtains that rusted the first time I washed them. FAIL. At least the rust allowed me to salvage some of the fabric.

I went to Hobby Lobby and bought 2 kinds of ribbon and 2 rolls of Heat & Bond tape. After about 2 hours of measuring, cutting and ironing, I had my crib skirt. Not bad for about $9! Now I won't mind as much when I have to remove it to lower her crib. But, I can always change the length of the fabric too! Total win.



3 comments:

Mandy Ford Art & Illustration said...

I just checked your blog after being away for quite awhile and I wanted to say congrats! And happy belated 2nd bday to Tyson! His party was so cute! My boys just turned 3...so crazy how quickly the time has gone by.

Hope you are doing well!
Mandy

yanmaneee said...

balenciaga shoes
coach outlet online
nike air vapormax
hermes belts
yeezy shoes
curry shoes
off white jordan 1
kevin durant shoes
kobe 11
nike 95

Unknown said...

i9k13v7m34 y0z69u1l58 g8g59b0z46 u3g52m7w02 y0m58l0q87 l4q55s6y55

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails